1. Applications are hereby called from qualified citizens of Sri Lanka for the open competitive examination to be held to fill the following vacancies in Sri Lanka Technological Service at the Irrigation Department.
1. Posts expected to be recruited (Technological Service)
1 Draughtsman – 72 Vacancies
2 Drilling Assistant – 02 Vacancies
3 Research Assistant(General) – 01 Vacancy
4 Civil Engineering Material Surveyor – 11 Vacancies
5 Soil Cartographer – 01 Vacancy
6 Hydrological Assistant – 05 Vacancies
7 Hydrological Field Assistant – 02 Vacancies
8 Research Assistant (Engineering Materials) – 02 Vacancies
9 Soil Surveyor – 05 Vacancies
10 Research Assistant (Hydraulics) – 02 Vacancies
11 Mechanical Foreman – 08 Vacancies
2. Method of recruitment
2.1 Based on the results of a written competitive examination to be held by an institute approved by the Director General of Irrigation, qualified persons will be selected by subjecting a number of applicants equivalent to the number of vacancies to a general interview according to merit order of passed applicants.
3. Salary scale Training grade- As per the Public Administration Circular No 03/2016, for the first year of training, a monthly allowances of Rs. 27,140/= and for the second year of training, a monthly allowance of Rs. 27,440/= are entitled. Grade III- As per the schedule I of the Public Administration Circular No 03/2016, the monthly salary attached to this post is Rs. 31040/= – 10×445 – 11x 660 – 10x 730– 10 x 750-Rs.57550/= (MN3- 2016) as per the schedule I of the Public Administration Circular No 03/2016.
- 4. Service category – Supervision Management Assistant Technical
5. Conditions for engagement in service and service conditions
5.1 Applicants those who were taken in to the Training Grade, will be recruited to the Grade III upon the submission of the certificate issued stating the passing of the examination conducted by the Director General of Irrigation at the successful completion of the training period.
5.2 Apprentices if any who are unable to pass the examination to be held at the end of the training, are given the opportunity to extend their training period for not more than 06 months. The service of applicant those who are unable to pass the examination to be held again at the end of the extended training period, will be terminated.
5.3 The appointment to the Grade III is subjected to a probationary period of three years. First Efficiency Bar examination should be passed within 3 years from the date of recruitment to Grade III.
5.4 According to the Public Administration Circular No 18/2020, the required proficiency in the other relevant official language shall be obtained within 03 years from the date of recruitment to the post.
5.5 This appointment is subjected to the Procedural Rules of Public Services Commission, The Establishment Code of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Financial Regulations and other Departmental Orders.
5.6 Selected applicants shall have the ability to serve in the workstations of the irrigation field, located in rural areas of the island.
Please Stay with us to get Sri Lanka Government Jobs Update Every Day